Saturday, September 6, 2014

Introduction to Hilda Does Makeup!

Well, lets get this started! This will be my first post in my beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog! Here I'll just talk a little about myself and the story behind my passion for makeup.

First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing lol. This is the first time I do anything like this so please bare with me! i promise I'll provide lots of cool context soon!

Ok, so before we talk beauty talk lets get a little personal here. My name is Hilda. I am a 28 year old stay-at-home soccer mom. Before that I was a painter, graphic designer, sculptor and a baker. I've always been involved in art in some form or another. Now I am married to a great guy named William and have my little family established. We married in 2007 and have two wonderful and charismatic little boys. Logan, 6 and Lucas, 4. Life is hectic but theres always room for makeup! 

I've always loved makeup. Always thought red lips was the epitome of elegance with a hint of sexy. At one point I had braces and I remember telling myself "the day I get this crap off imma wear red lipstick every day!". and while that didn't actually happen I did always rely on my winged liner. As a young teen that was the only makeup i actually wore. It was probably a Maybelline liquid liner but i carried that thing with me everywhere! To be honest, it was only up until the last few years was when I discovered the wonderful world of makeup outside of the drugstore! I had no Idea there was such a luxe range of red lipstick and liquid liner! lol. Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with drugstore makeup, but nothing beats the quality of highend. you truly do get what you pay for. I'm sold on the packaging itself!

The way I discovered the high-end and luxury makeup is, it actually came from a confidence boost I gained from losing weight! With the miracle that is to create life, comes the whoas of weight gain. I went from 135 lbs (pre baby) to 198 lbs! When my youngest turned two, I said enough is enough! The excuse of: "I just had a baby" was not valid anymore at that point. Long story short I am now at 125 lbs! the more I lost weight the better I felt about myself and funnily enough started to cover myself with makeup lol. The way I see it is I love myself enough to decorate myself. Like you would a new house. Decorate all the walls!

Youtube became my best friend. Paved the way and taught me all the brand names before i started venturing off and doing my own research. I'm curious by nature so I had to look beyond a lot of the sponsored videos. Then I discovered r/makeupaddition at Reddit.com. Being surrounded by equally passionate makeup lovers has been such a pleasure! They gave such amazing support and inspiration!

And well...... I think thats about it! For now at least! I hope this wasn't too much to read but I thought it was necessary before a total stranger starts talking to you about brands and new launches. Stay tuned, Folks!

Love, Hilda! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment